Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Moving Right Along

Moving Right Along

Today I went in to have more blood work and another ultrasound to see how I was progressing.  Man oh man the traffic was bad even at 6:30 am.  The only thing I can think of is that President Obama was in town and there were road closures.  The doctor and nurse were impressed on how my eggs had grown! When I asked kinda where we were, and if they thought another week of meds would be be right, both the doctor and nurse shook their heads. That means next week we move on to the next step!

Stephanie called me in the am to let me know what the next step was...she NEVER calls in the am...so I knew it was important!  Once I got all my kiddos working, Stephanie and I chatted.  I needed to start another shot medication, and ASAP!  So after some hurried text messages to Paul (his amazing bosses are so understanding!) he was able to go home, get the medication, bring all the supplies to school and help me administer the new shot.  


This one is a little harder because you have to mix liquid with a powder before injecting into the body. After watching the video clip, pausing as we completed each step, we finally got to the point where it was time to inject.  Not too painful, but longer than normal.  I guess this one has more medication.  In our new medicine routine we have: the new med, two other shots and two pills at night.  


Not too bad..we are getting really good at this shot shot shot thing!  Even Momma got in the action the other night.  She did a great job.  I am super thankful to have such a supportive family and friend network! 

Next step: blood work and ultrasound on Saturday.  Egg Retrieval should be sometime next week with a day of bed rest.  I am not too worried about this one...it's the following bed rest that I am more worried about. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the progress. ..Grams is sounding better all the time!

    ReplyDelete