Friday, May 15, 2015

The Next Phase

So what nobody tells you, or that I even realized until this week was that each "cycle" of ivf  is really two months long. So my cycle started Monday, surprised, but now thinking the process will go faster since we don't have to grow and harvest eggs and then let the embryos grow.

But no... we still have almost two months (month and half) to go. We won't have our consultation till May 26th, which seems soooooooo far away I can't stand it. But after some emails and conversation with Stephanie, I at least have a jist of what's going to happen. On day 3 (Wednesday) things looked good so I started birth control again.  On the 26th I will start Lupron which will increase the thickness of my uterus lining. (How excited are you that you just read that!)  


In early June my period will start and I call to  say

I start  the progesterone oil mid June....oh joy...I love when things get shot into my butt.  We have learned lots of tricks: ice the butt, heat the oil, massage after injecting the oil.  But I am NOT looking forward to these shots again.  Anyone have any more tips?  The last one I had gave me such a welt I couldn't sit in a hard chair for days.  

June 23rd will be our frozen embryo transplant (FET) They are still saying only 24 hours of bed rest and then 48 hours of light activity, but after our first cycle and it not working I doubt that I will be moving much, if at all, the whole week.  Looks like Scandal and Revenge are next on my binge watching list (recommendations from Stephanie)  We will have our first pregnancy test on July 3rd.

My biggest concern with this is that we are going out of town for a whole week and will be with family and dear friends. So if it's good news I will have to lie to them all week and have to get another pregnancy test on Monday (somewhere up there)  If it's bad news I will have to pull myself up by the britches and put on a happy face for a week. The timing just kind of stinks. I'm not good at lying. And apparently I also suck at putting on a happy face. So to my family and friends I will see that week, can we kinda just forget I was having any test?? Can we pretend that if I'm in a bad mood it's from pms?  And if I am happy it's because I am really excited to see you after a long time?!

I just want to say thank you to all the messages and texts this week.  I also want to really thank those who have seen me all week and not said a thing.  You have no idea how much this meant to me, I know it was really hard, and maybe even painful, to not hug me, say something to me, etc.  But I can say I made it through 5 whole days of school and didn't cry once at school!  I had a few moments when I was close, and thanks to my teammates for brushing them off!  I am hoping that I can do some more dealing this weekend and be able to talk about it next week, but I have to be honest, today was really hard and without the chaos that I call my classroom (love them!) I probably wouldn't have made it through the day.  Love you all, and really love the support you have shown us.

No comments:

Post a Comment