Wednesday, April 20, 2016

BabyMoon (4/8-4/10)

Here is the long awaited BabyMoon post you have been waiting for!  Sorry it took me so long to get it up, but I wanted to add pictures and everything! :)

Friday afternoon:  Paul and I drove up to Uptown Charlotte (that's downtown for people who are confused why we call it Uptown...I have no idea...we just do)  We checked in the hotel and relaxed for a bit.  Our room was really nice and we felt very lucky to be able to stay there!

Friday night: The plans were to eat at Mortimer's, but right next door they just open a "Red Eye Diner" made to look like we were back in the 50's.  My Jersey husband was stoked!  And this weekend was all about him and spending time with him, so of course we went.  Our waiter was wonderful and really was attentive.  Our meal took forever to come out and we couldn't figure out why....until it came.  The fried chicken I ordered is fried to order.  Which is what made it so amazing! I am not making this up friends...I told Paul he (or someone) would be making a trip back over here when we are at the hospital for weeks.  It was sooo good!


After dinner we headed to Time Warner Cable Area for a little Hornets game!  Our friend Matt hooked us up with his seats again.  We love being able to see games once in awhile and they always seem to win when we are there.  The Hornets did not disappoint...they won again! While talking to our friend after the game, Kemba Walker's mom stopped by to touch my belly.  I am not one to mind anyone touching my belly, but it was kinda odd, because I didn't know who she was!  We talked for a little bit and she predicted that Shea would be here by last weekend.  So..Shea still isn't here but one day we will get to share how a famous NBA player's mom felt him while he was still in my tummy!


Saturday: So we were supposed to order room service and have breakfast in bed, but nothing really called to us on the menu. We went down to the dining room and has a free breakfast buffet.  We had some time before the Funny Bus tour and we both wanted to see 7th street station, so we started walking.  It was so cold and windy, but we braved the weather. 

7th street station is pretty cool.  The outer walls have different eateries, while the middle has tables and some food/wine vendors for you to purchase and take home.  We wandered around until our Funny Bus Tour.  We really enjoyed the bus tour!  We went around Uptown, South End, Plaza Midwood and NoDa.  We learned some history about the area we didn't know and laughed alot!  We played a drinking game (I drank water) called "Church!"  Basically every time we saw a church we called out "Church!" and everyone drank.  If you don't live in the area...let me tell you, there are alot of churches!!  We stopped halfway through at a brewery called Heist.  Paul got something called a crowler.  A 24 oz can filled with a beer from the tap and then they were able to put the lid on, so it looked like a regular can of beer.  Pretty cool!  

     


After the tour we went back to 7th street station for lunch.  Paul went to Hazelnuts Creperie. There are several locations and my parents and I love that place! I was glad he was able to try it and love it too! I had a grilled cheese from Orrman's Cheese shop.  Now before you go and judge...it was a peanut butter and jelly with goat cheese sandwich.  So weird and so yummy.  Definitely glad I went outside my comfort zone!  We grabbed me a cookie from Cloud 9 and headed back to the hotel.  I had scheduled a nap for me...and boy did I use it.  I slept for about 2 hours, Paul slept for about an hour.  It was just wonderful :)








Saturday night: We got in the car and headed to Plaza Midwood.  Soul Gastrolounge didnt open to 5, so we walked around the area.  There was a tiny little music concert going on, and lots of little shops that we walked in and out of.  We went back to Soul and I am so glad we went early!  We had to wait about 5 minutes for a table and by the time we left the wait was unreal!  Our food was soooo yummy.  I wont be able to remember all we ordered but we loved the fried brussel sprouts, grilled caesar salad and pork belly tacos 
with watermelon!


Once we were stuffed, we headed to the Checkers game.  We were able to join our new Camp Luck/Baby Luck family and I am so glad we did.  These kiddos are just amazing and meeting their families was so encouraging!  Kim Jackson is one of the board members and she has just taken us under her wing.  She brought us a cute little onsie with Camp Luck's logo on it and some other Camp Luck swag.  We aren't "glad" that we are going to be a heart mom and dad, but we ARE glad that this community is such a supportive one!  Unfortunately, we aren't the lucky charms for the Checkers as we are for the Hornets.  Both games we have been to, they lost.  But we did see several fights and that's always exciting! Of course I needed some ice cream afterwards....back to Plaza Midwood for some Dairy Queen!




Sunday: Cowbell didn't really call to Paul and I, so we headed to Dandelion Market.  Now I do love this place for dinner, in fact, it's one of my favorite places to go and take visitors too! But my brunch, we just okay.  Paul loved his, and could I have ordered some other things on the menu, I would have been happier too.  Nothing wrong with the meal, but expected more I guess.  We decided that the weather was a bit too cold to go to the Whitewater Center and walk around, and I had walked alot over the weekend.  But we weren't quite ready to go home yet.  Paul loved the Plaza Midwood area and really wanted to check out this record store.  He was able to get two vinyl albums for decent prices.  We also needed to go to the grocery store (we go to Harris Teeter mostly) and there was one in Plaza Midwood.  What's cool about this one is that while it's new and swanky, it is built on the spot where the very first Harris Teeter was.  Probably our last time going to the store just the two of us...we enjoyed it!



There ya go friends!  Our babymoon/ 3rd anniversary trip in a nutshell! We had a blast spending time together and enjoying the Charlotte area.  I am sure it will be a long time till we are able to get away just the two of us.  Thank you to my parents and our friends for helping us plan and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment